Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Keep it in your mouth

The moment you think you've seen it all from your significant other, they surprise you. I've been with my boyfriend Patrick for over 4 years and in our case I am the surpriser.  

I'm sure you can tell just solely based on my past 2 blogs that I am a bit stressed. Well that's a little understated.

Here I am watching tv (more specifically Regis & Kelly- Kristen Chenoweth is standing in for Kelly and she is like a little ball of fun! ) with my boyfriend this morning and I'm already laughing because I'm easily amused.

I always love to sit on our love seat that is facing our large living room window in the morning, especially when it's beautiful and sunny out like today. Patrick and I were practically in mid-conversation and I saw a baby squirrel run across the street over into our neighbors yard. I love animals but today was a bit much haha.

I saw the squirrel and stopped talking and eating my cereal. I probably had the biggest smile on my face like a little kid. The teeny squirrel ran so fast across the street and it was just the cutest thing. It was like I forgot about everything and just focused on it. Ok that was my ADD moment

Then returned back to earth and Pat was like " what?!" I said, "Oh my God, there was the cutest tiny baby squirrel running across the street!!!" Realizing I sounded like an overexcited child I started laughing. (Pat is hysterically laughing at me by the way)

Laughing eh...no big deal. Laughing with milk and cereal in your mouth. Hey! Not Easy! I was laughing uncontrollably trying my hardest to keep the mouthful of goodness contained.  ( Goodness because Honey Sunshine by Kashi is DELIGHTFUL)

I laughed non-stop for at least 2-3 minutes with 2% milk gradually spouting out of my mouth like a mall fountain(Where did they go by the way, I want to throw my pennies in damn it! )

I have to say at one point I had to bury my face in my sweater because I KNOW that couldn't have been attractive. Milk soaked sleeves feel great by the way. Good for the skin.

Pat was laughing - probably in disbelief and said " ADHD much?!"

I know he was thinking he had never seen me get like that, like a hyper active 8 year old that can't eat their breakfast like a civilized person. He loves me even more now.

I can tend to be sporadic and goofy. But today was a sign that I am reaching a stress level that I haven't experienced in a while. Whenever I get stressed I laugh uncontrollably. I get this from my mother. I remember days growing up watching my mother's face getting as red as atomic bomb candy (yes- dark red). She would laugh for hours..... laugh. stop.. laugh again.. stop. This would only happen once in a blue moon but I'm not going to lie I enjoyed it. Laughing is contagious and she always had a way to turn a sub par "B" movie to a box office hit in our house.

Occasionally I will witness the stressed "laugh attacks" when I'm with my mom but I think she passed it on to me. lol shucks! Thanks Mom! 

So maybe I need a vacation, or some type of stress reliever.  Although the length of laughter can be painful and can produce tears. I am happy that I laugh instead of cry. well as long as I don't have food in my mouth. I just can't keep it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment